Did you know?
Most people know about the common fire hazards within the home. The yearly smoke detector checks and cleaning out the dryer vent collector. There are several other things that could be the source of a fire, that are uncommon. It is important to check everything possible to keep your loved ones and home safe.
When cooking it is important to be aware of your surrounds. Things like a stray hand towel or packaging from something being cooked was too close to the stove and catches fire.
The same thing goes for extension cords. You have to be careful to not overload your extension cord. Overloaded extension cords are the cause of 10% of house fires in the US.
A lot of us like the get our food cooked as quickly as possible. When cooking you want your food sooner rather than later because you are hungry. What most don't know is that too high heat can actually cause fires, whether from smoke or grease, it can start a fire. To the same affect, a dirty stove can also be the source of a fire. Make sure to clean the stove often as to not have buildup.
Laptops should not be left on top of flammable materials. Laptops that are left on things such as bedding or clothing is hazardous. These can cause the laptop to overheat and eventually catch fire.
Finally Barbecues can cause large grease fires or if under a covered area the smoke can rise up and do damage internally.
These are just a few of the uncommon fire hazards to be on the look out for.